Wednesday, December 1, 2010

and it's embassy time!

In just a few short hours my paperwork will be reviewed and plans finalized for a return trip to bring the boys home. I received an e-mail from Sue today which said to be ready to travel for a December 16 embassy date, meaning we will return home the 18th and in plenty of time for Christmas. I know in my head there is a possibility that something will be missing or that there won't be two slots left for the embassy appointment but in my heart I keep hearing December 16th and have for months. I think I may stay up these next few hours in prayer as the clock ticks towards business hours in Ethiopia. Or, perhaps I'll close my eyes knowing that prayers of thanks have been lifted from all parts of the world for what God will do!
Needless to say the next few days will be crazy. I have a shower on Saturday (have already begun receiving cards and gifts!), airline tickets to book, a guest house to reserve, and shopping to be done. Not to mention getting the last items placed in the boys' room resulting from the shower. Oh, and then there is work. How in the world do I wrap that up neatly in a week. I am so excited I can't eat, can't sleep, can barely even think as my mind races toward this homecoming. In the midst of all the joy is a sadness that I will miss Joseph's birthday on December 5. He turns 3 and will be without a family to celebrate. But oh how we will make up for that when he and Jacob are here.
Thanking God for what he will do and praying for my sons...will post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment