Tuesday, December 28, 2010

It's a Merry Ethiopian Christmas

After a few anxious days yesterday I received that long-awaited e-mail from Sue announcing embassy clearance for this Thursday! Kathy and I had packed on faith the night before believing this would happen. The e-mail was only the beginning as better than half a day was spent securing airline reservations and confirming there is room at Grace Guest House. In just a few hours we board a plane to Ethiopia! We will arrive at 0110 in the morning on the 30th, travel to the guest house and await an early morning trip to Miskaye to get Joseph and Jacob. From there we will travel to the embassy for a brief interview and back later in the day to pick up necessary paperwork saying they are mine and can travel! Just two and a half days later we will begin the journey home. Arrival is scheduled for 5:41 at Nashville International airport on United flight 5924. There will be a group of family and friends gathered at the top of the escalators with a welcome home Joseph and Jacob sign if you care to join us.
I have also made an appointment for their first visit with the pediatrician and planned an Ethiopian Christmas celebration in the 7th. The tree is the only Christmas remnants left in my house..well, and the tons of packages waiting for the boys :) Oh, and I discovered that I had been reading the boy's birth certificates as month/day/year instead of as written day/month/year! This means I was in Ethiopia on Jacob's first birthday 11/7 and will celebrate Joseph's 4th birthday on 5/12. Everything about their development is right on target now that I have this straight!
God is faithful and true to those who wait on his perfect timing. I am so thankful for the prayers and support of so many through the past year and can only re-pay the kindness through the smiles of two little boys. Thank you all! and I am out of here!! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment