Thursday, December 23, 2010

Waiting for any news

It's been a while since I last updated. For those who don't know, the first anticipated embassy appointment was held up by something requested of the birth mother. So two weeks later I wait not so patiently for possible word of travel at the next embassy date. I know that God's timing is perfect and that Joseph and Jacob will be here as planned, but it is so hard. I fight the tears often as I think of my sons. I have three sons, none of which can I be with on this Christmas. Yet as was heard in church on Sunday morning, I should not grumble and complain at life's circumstances. So this Christmas my daughters and I will celebrate and be thankful for where we are, what we have, and what is to come. We'll remember those who can't be with us, and will look forward to the reunion that is coming soon. As I watch and re-watch the many videos and look at pictures from first meeting the boys I anticipate Joseph running to me with outstretched arms and that smile that lights up the night. Who knows, maybe there will even be a glimmer of recognition from Jacob (or at least a few less tears). So for now, I remember to praise God for this additional two weeks in which I prepared my heart and my home for the arrival of my sons.
Guys, I will be there soon. I love you with all of my heart and rejoice that God will be with you this Christmas despite my absence. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment