Saturday, December 4, 2010

Fundraising activities

There were many events planned to help financially prepare for this journey. Yard sales, a cookout, benefit dinners, and a gold party were some of those I hosted with the help of family and friends. At the first yard sale Kathy held a raffle for handmade baby afghans while Anna Ruth and Rebecca manned a table of lemonade, brownies, and cookies.


The cookout was hysterical as a grill that normally has flames a foot high had but a tiny flicker. Thanks to Becky for inviting me to Big Lots for this fun-filled day!


Benefit dinners were held at the Dinner Bell and Chick-fil-A and attended by co-workers, family, and friends! I was blessed to have my son David home on R & R from Iraq to attend Chick-fil-A. Thanks to Allison and Jason for these events.





Alas, I have no idea what has become of pictures from the gold party. A big thank you to those who have supported through gifts and other fundraisers. There is no way to express what your love for these children you have yet to meet means to me. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment