Sunday, December 2, 2012

Final push for funds

Hey guys, so I know everyone is tired of hearing donate this way, purchase this, come to this yard sale or this dinner. Well, I promise that is all drawing to an end with this. I am currently selling t-shirts to help raise travel money and I need your support. Just go to www.adoptiontees.com and select any item. E-mail me (debbieshinkle@yahoo.com) the item, size if applicable and send payment either through the paypal button or check. I have about two weeks left to sell a LOT of items or I end up paying for the initial shipment...and trust me, I don't need to be out any money at this point. There are many who have said they wanted to help. These shirts are great looking and comfortable and share the wonderful message that one changes everything.

I am now 34 weeks into this adoption process and continually stand in awe at how God has orchestrated the timing of each event and the raising of funds. I took a step of faith in the initial loan to start the process and continue to praise him for the support of so many to get these girls to their home. I know HE will not fail me in providing what is needed to the end, yet my human nature causes me to grow concerned. Please join with me and pray for how you can help.

With that, a quick update. Things in the Shinkle household are crazy!!! My house looks like a demolition sight with the addition of Abby and Becca's bedroom and an expansion to the living room in progress. I also recently became a mini van mom again in order to accomodate all of the kiddos and car seats/boosters. It seems everything is in order. Christmas is in the top of my closet though a homecoming prior to Christmas is feeling more and more an impossibility. Pray with me on that one also. I need these girls home! Things in the DRC grow more unsettled every day and though these two have proven how much they can endure my heart aches for them to not have to suffer further. I have all pieces of documentation (minus one translation) and paperwork now lies with the USCIS for final approval. Travel will be soon and I will celebrate yet another gotcha day.

Speaking of which, can you believe it has been almost two years since Joseph and Jacob's arrival! I just finished submitting their annual report and might I say that capturing their past year adequately in 6-8 pictures is incredibly challenging! I was thinking just last night of the time not so long ago when my world was so so different. When I came home to a quiet empty house. When I traveled at will and worked crazy long hours just because I could. A time when my world was about me. Well, though I might yearn for that quiet from time to time, I would not change my life for the world. I know that I am exactly where I am supposed to be at this moment in my life and rejoice that God has chosen me to be his hands and feet. Remember that post I made early in the initial adoption process. The one titled be careful what you ask for. I never in a million years would have pictured my life as this at this stage but now I can picture nothing else. Incredibly amazing how God works....incredibly amazing!

Thanks to all for the continued love and support. I hope that my next post will be on the heels of travel. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment