Friday, February 25, 2011

Just had to share

Had to share this poem written by a dear friend of mine...

God's Plan

I heard the Lord speak to me
as I was worshiping one day.
I know the plans I have for you...
now listen and obey.”

What is it Lord? I humbly prayed,
that You would have me do?
Leave your home and cross the sea.
I have two sons for you!

Step out in faith and follow Me,
remembering you will never be alone.
For I go before you preparing the way
to bring My children home.

As I've journeyed this road less traveled;
I've watched in amazement and awe
as every hurdle and obstacle that threatened
began to crumble and fall!

Two more sons the Lord has given to me;
two sons I have now brought home.
I look at their precious little faces and know
My family, faith, and love have all grown.

Give me the wisdom to raise them, Lord
as You would have me to;
that they may learn of Your love for them,
and return that love to You.

Jeremiah 29:11
In honor of Debbie, Joseph,
and Jacob Shinkle
Sandy Minor
February, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment