Sunday, April 29, 2012

It's Official!

It is so absolutely incredible to watch God at work and all it took was an ounce of faith and the courage to say yes to his calling. I am completely blown away by the response from friends and family at my decision to adopt again. I have received donations from 4 states, 9 counties, and countless friends so far and am pleased to say that the countdown to completely fund this adoption is now at 5816 people willing to make that $5.00 donation. Thank you!
In the meantime, I have a fundraiser planned at Chick-fil-A on May 24th and yard sale for June 23rd. I receive 20% of the proceeds at Chick-fil-A so if you are in the Smyrna area on May 24th come hungry and join the celebration. All you need is the attached coupon in hand or on your phone. The offer is good for dining in or drive through. 





For the yard sale June 24th I am accepting donations of any kind (adult clothing and shoes excluded) and would love to help you clean out closets, garages, etc.
Now for the big news. On April 25th I received the official referral! The girls are mine!!! Though I am awaiting the translated medical before officially accepting them they appear to be healthy considering what they have lived through in their short lives. I was invited to the Ordinary Hero Benefit Dinner last night by Sue Hedberg from Celebrate Children and spent the evening listening to the stories of "what to expect" on this trip. I was also connected to another single Mom bringing her son from the Congo and excited to now be a part of thier journey. Can I just say that I can't get these girls out of there fast enough! This will be no Ethiopia visit....

Joseph and Jacob have now been told about the girls and are excited to have sisters. Jacob calls them Becca and Abby, or Sissy:) Joseph is a little more reserved and a bit concerned at what this means for him. I left for the dinner last night with him in tears thinking I wouldn't return. Lots of adjustments to be made by all. I have a plan in place for upgrading the car as I get closer to travel but have decided to put the house on hold for now. Once they are home and settled I can tackle that monster.

Lots more planned for the coming months as I prepare my house and my children for this addition. If you would like to make a donation, the attached link will connect you to paypal. Thank you for the continued prayers and consideration to financially support me as my family grows in God's love!

No comments:

Post a Comment