Sunday, January 16, 2011

I can't believe it has been two weeks already...

Well, many have been asking how things are going in my world now that these two little ones are home. BUSY!!! 24/7 as a single mom can get tiresome but we are all making huge strides. The boys seem to have totally accepted me as their mom and are bonding nicely. I love that they now recognize their sisters and are okay to play with them for a while to let mama have a few minutes to clean, shop, or run errands. I am pretty sure that Jacob still has an ear infection...calling the doctor back tomorrow...and Joseph gave me a scare with symptoms of an asthma attack. Good thing I am a pro at dealing with that, though he may have disagreed as I insisted on breathing treatments for a few days. We have been out a lot, to the doctor, Walmart, Target, church, and several restaurants. I am happy to report that they are both fans of Mexican food, which makes me very happy. 

Though he doesn't look it, Jacob and Joseph both loved the snow for the short time I allowed them to be out in it. Even though they were both sick I couldn't let them miss this big Nashville snow fall. Joseph loved throwing snow balls and Jacob...well, he just ate the snow and wandered around.

Both of the boys absolutely love taking a bath and cry hysterically when I make them get out!
Joseph loves running around naked after his bath and especially loved making big sis cringe when he climbs on her back that way.

There have been a lot of firsts, including krispy creme donuts thanks to Tracy, a neighbor who couldn't resist!

We have made it to church two weeks and this morning Joseph just strutted when he got all dressed up. I registered both boys for class (though neither was interested in staying today). Instead, we spent the first part of the morning meeting other adoptees in the church.

There has been playtime with all of the nieces and nephews and most all family members have now been introduced.



and let's not forget Ethiopian Christmas. Though we were not home in time to celebrate on December 25th, we sure took advantage of January 7th and got the Christmas celebrations in. The boys were pros at opening presents in no time!

Well, as sleep is a precious thing I must make this update brief. We are off to the doctor again tomorrow, leaving poop and getting blood work drawn. I also need to make dentist appointments at some time. Busy, busy, and loving that these two are a part of my life! As I celebrate their being home I still remember the little faces left behind and pray daily for their forever families to hear God calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment