Sunday, July 31, 2011

July update

Wow, where has the month gone. After beginning the month with the boys feeling horrible it seems as if I have blinked and we are heading into August. It has been a month of more adjustments as I was asked by the director at La Petite to find another place for Jacob to  attend (due to the biting). After brief moments of panic I texted a dear friend who agreed to keep him in her home until (or if) I make other arrangements. He is happily playing with her Jacob every day which is fabulous, except for the drive all over Smyrna twice a day. Joseph has an evaluation for pre-K in the public school system this week. If he is accepted I will possibly move them both at that time. I  am hoping a nanny I was referred to will work out and they can spend their days at home and eliminate my driving. But for now, both are quite content.
The big news for the month is that big brother David is home! We met him at the airport and Joseph couldn't wait to jump in his arms. Jacob was a bit reserved until David came over to the house and then I suppose he figured he was okay because he ran to the car to greet him and jumped in his arms.


Finally meeting his big brother David!


We had family pictures made by my son-in-law and that was quite a disaster :) Jacob screamed essentially every time we sat down to take a picture. The other children ran and played in the rocks and then wiped their hands down the fronts of their white shirts. It was nearly 100 degrees so everyone was soaked with sweat. Nevertheless, we got a few keepers!


All the kids and grandkids!


My five children!!!


Beautiful!


Perhaps my favorite, with Joseph and myself clearly showing our lack of support for Jacob's fit




July also brought the CCI reunion. What fun that was to see all of the chocolate children and their families. That's Joseph's term for African American by the way...not sure why, but he always refers to black as chocolate:) It was wonderful to finally meet Sue and Angela. I am so sad that I didn't get a picture of them with the boys. There is a page in their memory books for those who helped to get them home. I can think of no two people besides these who were more involved in the process. Guess I will have to borrow one from someone to make this happen.
We celebrated my oldest grandson Michael's 6th birthday party yesterday and the boys got to experience bowling for the first time. Throwing balls...right up Jacob's ally! Oh, and a funny...I had a new security system installed so when the front door opens it ding dongs. The funniest sight is watching Jacob every time (and I do mean every time) the door opens. He looks up and announces "ming mong." It is absolutely hysterical! I must capture it on video before the cuteness is gone. Last night the boys had another first and spent the night with big sister Kathy. This of course meant that for the first time in 7 months I had the night alone. Unfortunately the night was consumed with shopping, laundry, and deep cleaning. I did make sure I was finished in time to enjoy a few minutes of adult television with a bag of popcorn and a few minutes to love on the cats, as they barely get to have lap time anymore.
Myself, Joseph, Jacob, and Kathy are heading to the beach the end of the week. We will spend a week with my Dad and his wife. Joseph refers to the beach as the jungle and talks about the coconut trees. I think it is the palm trees reminding him of something, so I know the beach is not going to be what he expects. I cannot wait to see their expression when they see the ocean though, not to mention the giant sand box.
Guess that is the update for now. Praying for Ethiopia and all those who wait for their children....

No comments:

Post a Comment